Friday, July 31, 2015

I Hart Space! - Chapter 2: Written in the Stars, Spares Interlude


Welcome to a special installment of I Hart Space! that focuses on the three spare boys this generation. We'll get back to the main family in the next post. Continue reading below . . .

I wanted to experiment with giving spares a bit more of a life, so let's see what's going on at Daisy Hovel, where I downloaded a really nice house from the gallery whose creator I failed to write down. Sorry creator, but awesome house! Anyway, right, what's going on with the boys of generation 2?


Well, first thing we see is a strange woman setting herself on fire. I moved in a couple of ladies that I thought would get along well with the boys to move things along a bit. I want them to have a life, but I've got things to do and main families to play. I have aging turned off for all but the active household, so I assumed it'd be ok to do a little matchmaking for the spares.

Suzanna Silva, the second-born child in my Wonder Child Challenge, The Silvas Succeed, is all grown up and apparently has a thing for Orion. They're flirting right away.

It isn't long before they're officially a couple, and then . . .

. . . BOOM! First kiss! These two get along really well, probably partially due to Suzanna picking up an active trait when she grew up, which matches one of Orion's. Whenever I left the two alone, they usually ended up pumping each other up so they were energized all the time. Whatever floats your boat, guys.

Meanwhile, fire lady Adrienne has been getting friendly with Leo. This house, although awesome, does not have the best lighting in some rooms, so apologies for some of the darker pictures.

Their courtship goes well too, and they are soon also a couple.

First kiss number two! Both Leo and Orion are set with girlfriends, but what about Aries, our intractably insane, hot-headed snob?

Well, he found a platonic BFF in Travis Scott, aka the wedding crasher that apparently already knew Aries. They had indeed developed a relationship outside my control, so it was easy to get to BFF status. Since Travis and Aries bonded so well over Aries' craziness - whether or not a wedding ceremony may be going on at the time, harrumph - I thought they would make great conspiracy buddies.

Meanwhile, things are progressing rapidly for Suzanna and Orion, who have almost the same night shirt. How cute!

Judging by Adrienne's face, she and Leo are also excited to engage in . . . "activities."

Meanwhile, in the Conspiracy Best Buds for Life Dorm, Travis and Aries sleep peacefully.

Travis is endlessly amused by Aries' weirdness, and Aries apparently really loves the attention, so these two get on great and Aries is never mean to Travis like he occasionally is to his siblings. I guess he just needed someone to like him for who he really was. Or something.

Andromeda and Galaxy were both walking by at around the same time, so I had to invite them in although this is probably technically cheating. It didn't take long for Aries to aggravate his mom, who mysteriously suddenly developed wrinkles that she didn't have before. They stuck around after this when I went back to the home lot. I found that amusing. Visiting Aries literally put wrinkles on her forehead.

The next morning, Adrienne has a surprise for her boyfriend, but she apparently couldn't wait at all to tell him, so she shares the news of her pregnancy through a wall, while they're both still peeing in separate rooms. This might be the funniest picture I have taken in Sims 4.

Once they're decent and done with their business, Leo decides to make an honest woman out of his pregnant girlfriend, and she happily accepts.

Orion, not one to be left behind by his twin, also proposes to his girlfriend. Suzanna is likewise delighted.

Everyone except for Travis, who actually has a job (psh, jobs) to go to, gets dressed up for a double wedding. Orion and Suzanna go first.

"We got married! Yay me!"
"Yeah, I married a dork, but I'm strangely okay with it."

Leo and Adrienne then exchange their vows and rings.

Ah, two happy - if a little stinky in one case - couples. But where did Aries go?

Well, much like the births and birthdays of his siblings, seeing his siblings happy apparently royally pisses Aries off, so he goes stomping off in search of something to soothe his insanity-related anger.

And finds it in his one major skill, mixology. Nothing like bitterly sipping down pink cocktails in a corner to say "I'm so happy for you, brothers!" Totally functional guy right here.

Suzanna soon also has good news to share with Orion. Both girls are expecting now.

When Travis finally comes home, he helps Aries blow off steam by cloudgazing, and Aries does calm down. I think Travis is like his therapy dog or something.

Then Andromeda walks by and whoa, she was not that pregnant the last time she visited or the last time I played her, which means despite her aging being turned off, her pregnancy is still progressing. Not good. I don't want to wind up with a randomly named baby, so I headed back to the main house to play through Pluto's birth.

When I returned, these ladies had also progressed in their pregnancies without me playing them. I guess it saves me some time in their case. They're both in their third trimester when I returned, despite being in the first when I left. Note to self: do not leave pregnant sims in houses I'm not currently playing.

When Adrienne goes into labor, Leo has the first pre-parental panic I've seen in my game. All my other fathers have been strangely calm/apathetic about the birth of their babies. Bless you, Leo. I've been wanting to see this and it was just as hilarious as I've been led to believe by others' pictures.

Then when Adrienne is finally ready to give birth, Leo decides now is really the time to trim that overgrown bonsai. Sure. Priorities.

Adrienne fails at holding newborns, but she successfully gives birth to a little girl.

Leo's daughter, who he is instantly infatuated with (I could not keep this guy away from the bassinet on free will!) is named Haumea, which is of course another dwarf planet in our solar system. It is another trans-Neptunian object, which is a fancy way of saying it orbits out beyond Neptune, past Pluto and in the Kuiper Belt. Haumea is the Hawaiian goddess of childbirth, according to my deep and lengthy research on Wikipedia.

"Orion, you're blocking the bathroom. I'm in labor and I really, really need to pee. Really."
"But . . . baby!"
"Yeah, and it's going to be born in a puddle if you don't move."

Orion then follows the new family tradition by ignoring the birth in favor of talking to Adrienne.

Still, Suzanna delivers successfully, resulting in yet another girl for the Hart family!

Orion's daughter is named Makemake. Makemake is also in the Kuiper Belt, and is one of the larger things out there, with a size approximately 2/3 that of Pluto. The dwarf planet was originally codenamed "Easterbunny" due to the timing of its discovery, but was then named after a creator and fertility god from the Rapa Nui culture of Easter Island (one that came after the Maoi) because astronomers have weird senses of humor and are sentimental about their original codenames.

"WHY?! WHY ARE THERE SO MANY HARTS IN THE WORLD?!"

Aries takes the birth of his nieces about as well as we've come to expect from him.

Nothing really interesting happened until it was time for the girls to grow up. Makemake went first because Leo was busy at the moment.

Once he was available, Haumea also grew up. Let's check the girls out.

I only bothered to roll childhood traits and aspirations for the girls since they'll never grow up. Hmm, another social butterfly. Too bad she wasn't around when Ceres was completing that aspiration (which is skipping ahead a bit from what I last wrote when she was still working on it). They still need to be friends, though. Haumea is absolutely adorable, and although she mostly takes after her mom, I spy the Hart mouth on her and possibly the same nose as Ceres and Pluto (though you don't know that officially yet about him).

And Makemake is also a social butterfly, with the bonus of being outgoing just like her cousin Ceres. I definitely need to get the main kids over to make friends with these girls. Makemake got her dad's coloring for sure, and a blend of Suzanna's and the Hart mouth.

The girls became friends with their very first interaction since they apparently started with a very high relationship to each other. Good to know they enjoy each other's company.

Of course, they also frequently spend time with their dads, who adore their little girls. This is a very happy household.

And that's where I'll leave the spares. They got to get married and have kids, or, in Aries' case, meet a friend for life. Next time we'll be back with the main family, so keep checking back here or visit with Kristina and me at SiMania! Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment