Sunday, April 17, 2016

I Hart Space! - Chapter 4: Rising Star, Part I

Hello, hello, hello! It's Roxanne again, here to bring you chapter 4 of the joint legacy I share with Kristina, I Hart Space! Mira Hart, the only girl from the previous generation in this matriarchy, is all ready to take over as heiress, so let's begin . . .

In Kristina's chapter, we saw a lot of Eris, the evil generation 2 heiress, being her charming, malevolent self. After alienating nearly everyone on her home planet, she brought home a husband from Sixam and produced three interesting kids, the youngest of whom is our current heiress, Mira. Mira wants to be a Renaissance Sim, but since she just aged into a teen at the end of Chapter 3, that's a long ways off. Now that we're reacquainted with the family, let's get started . . .

After being separated from their house, Hart Observatory, downloaded, and then rejoined with the lot, the family is all ready to get down to some legacy business. Kind of. The boys might be a little distracted. Just as a reminder, we have Denzel on the far left (who is an elder but sometimes has black hair for unknown reasons), then Eris, Mira, mean and evil middle child Rigel, and cute but geeky eldest Sirius, who is outgoing and a glutton. Speaking of Mira, don't you love her pose? She looks like she knows just how awesome she is and is going to be. She has a family line of awesome women to live up to, but I think our rising star will do just fine.

Eris immediately settles into the neighborhood by picking on Geoffrey Landgraab. She starts out subtle, but is soon intimidating him into silence. Her very first whim was to make an enemy, so . . . I oblige. I find Eris hilarious, personally, and it's fun to play not-nice sims once in a while. She's aspiring to be Public Enemy and just needs one more promotion to fulfill it, so this fight is purely for fun.

Malcolm (on the beach): "Sure is a nice day. Wonder what Dad's up to right about now. Oh well. Here, fishy fishy."

While their mom lays the smack down on her poor neighbor, Mira and Sirius settle in to the focus room. Mira will need a lot of skills for her aspiration, but first she needs 3 logic points. Sirius is working on programming for his Computer Whiz aspiration.

On the other side of the wall, in the inspiration room, Rigel also is working on his aspiration, which is Painter Extraordinaire. My plan is to drain the boys' happiness points dry for potions to keep Mira on a constant skill-building high.

All this aspiration-fulfilling means the welcome wagon, consisting entirely of the adult members of the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household, is left holding their fruitcake at the front door. They eventually went away, but not before dropping off a negative starting relationship with each member of the household. I had no idea the welcome wagon was so vindictive! I mean, that fruitcake evidently comes with strings. Too bad everyone was too busy at the moment.

Well, maybe not everyone. Denzel still has a love affair with that magical liquid that he discovered on his wedding day. He was the only one on free will at the time the welcome wagon came, but he was much too busy making drinks to care. He has the Master Chef aspiration, but he seems to like making drinks purely for the joy of it. If I ever lose track of him, he is out here piling up the counter with various drinks or sipping one himself.

The next morning sees a family breakfast. Mira has stayed up all night skilling, which is why she is the only one not in pajamas. She's also moping because something somewhere is unclean. Kristina wasn't kidding about this neat, gloomy sim. She needs things tidy at all times or she goes into a major funk.

Eris may be a holy terror, but she seems to genuinely enjoy and love her family. She had just finished helping Mira with her homework and they apparently decided to commemorate the moment. Eris just needs to go to work one more time to get the final promotion needed for her aspiration, but it is Monday as of this picture and she doesn't go in until Thursday, so she has some time to swim and snap pics.

And dole out hugs, because, I mean, these are the Harts. What else are they going to do?

Mira starts diversifying her skill portfolio with some gardening. I've decided the six main skills she will need to build will honor in some way her six ancestors. This is for her grandfather Collin, who was a master gardener. It is in fact some of his produce that she's planting.

Mira, go to school. Your brothers have already left.
"But there's a dirty dish."
Eh, it's not even stinking yet. You can get it when you get home, I promise.
"But what if it attracts flies?"
Fine, I'll have someone else clean it. Just head to school, would you?
"The dish calls to me."

Better?
"I love this dishwasher."
Does that mean you can go to school now?
"I guess."

Neat! So neat!

The Harts love hugging so much they will even hug Rigel. That takes commitment to an ideal, there. This family is pretty close, actually, despite there being some pretty extreme personalities in it.

Even though Mira is just barely a teen, it is never too early to do a little potential spouse hunting, preferably while skilling. She's skilling fitness here in honor of the founder Galaxy, Mira's great-grandmother. Back to spouse hunting: unfortunately, every single sim in this picture is a playable. We've got Geoffrey, probably hoping to buff up to ward off Eris next time, Zoe Patel, Marcus Flex, and Eliza Pancakes. Where all my townies at?

"Hi! You're a cute townie! My name is Mira."
"I hate children."
"Well. Nice talking to you."

"Hi, Mr. Bartender. You look a little bit too much like a slightly buffer version of my grandfather, but we could totally change your hair, so I was wondering if . . ."
"I'm a kleptomaniac . . ."
"That's not so bad."
". . . and I hate children."
"Oh."

At The Blue Velvet, again every single sim in the joint is a playable. Also, except for Mortimer, they're all Windenburg sims, who do seem to like to party. I think it might be time to drop some legacy loves in.

Back home, it may be 3 a.m., but dammit, Eris is a grown sim and she can enjoy a wrench and go for a past-midnight swim if she wants to. So there.

Mira doing some more fitness work. Thanks to Galaxy's conquering of the athletic career, we have a lot of cool trophies and posters in the energized room to make this a bit easier.

Finally Thursday rolls around and Eris can go to work! Make us proud, Eris! I mean, you are a criminal, so I'm not sure how proud we are of that, but just come home with a promotion, will you?

"That's the plan."

Green ghost: "Hey! Can I get a little service over here?"
Mira: "And that's my mom and my dad and my brothers. Here's a picture of our fish, Smokey. Oops, that's a shot of the floor I took by accident. Oh, here's a good one."
Ghost: "Seriously! Come on, it's Ghost Night. Get me a drink!"

I plopped in some legacy loves that I made a looong time ago, so I have no idea of their personalities really. The first one Mira encounters is a cute lady bro working at The Narwhal Arms. She has potential.

Mira: "And you've got to see this fish! His name is Smokey!"
Yellow top legacy love: "He's very charming."
Red shirt legacy love: "But it's a fish, though . . ."
Mira: "So, what were your personalities again?"
Yellow: "I love the outdoors and being creative."
Red: "I'm noncommittal and childish."
Yellow: "Total keeper material there."
Red: "Being a keeper is overrated."

All of the guy legacy loves that Mira ran into seriously suck, yet the girls were very interesting. I didn't take pictures of all of them because Mira ran into all but two of the eight out on the town, but trust me: the guys suck. Yellow top's name is Brandy Cazares, and Mira really enjoyed chatting with her. She and Erika the bartender are currently in the running.

Back home and: YAY! Eris got her promotion to level 8 of the criminal career, making her both a safe cracker and an official Public Enemy! Her next aspiration is going to be Chief of Mischief, because why not? Eris is seriously tense from working so hard to assure her promotion, but she'll get over it.

That morning, Rigel is looking mighty happy.
"You would be too if you got juice with your cereal. It really brings out the flavors, especially after like the third one."
I do not condone this breakfast. With Denzel leaving drinks all over the bar, they keep finding their way into sims' hands when I'm not looking.

If you happen to look over your shoulder and see this sim behind you, just drop your fishing pole and run. Don't think twice. Nothing good is coming.

I warned you! Eris is very much enjoying her mischievous interactions. The more tense, angry, or sad they get, the happier she gets.

All too soon it's time for Sirius's birthday. He didn't get much screen time from me, but that's because he was quietly plugging away at his programming, producing points for his sister's potions. He's really grown on me and I seriously (no pun intended) love him. Happy birthday, Sirius!

And lookin' good! Sirius picks up his final preordained trait of loves the outdoors. Maybe not the best trait for a sim destined to be staring into a computer forever, but hey, maybe he can set up a home office in the garden. Sirius promptly moved out because I want to focus on Mira as much as possible. The more skills she gains before she becomes a young adult, the easier it will be to get to level 3 in all those careers.

However, skilling isn't all she does. Brandy invited Mira to a dance party at the Von Haunt estate, and it was too intriguing not to send her. This is their impression of "dancing together" as a group. I'm not sure they're clear on the concept.

Brandy closes in for a hug shortly before Mira left the party. Harts can't resist a hug. She's really hitting some major checkmarks on my potential spouse list. Mira made sure to spam Brandy with plenty of charisma-building socials since charisma is another skill she's working on. This one is in honor of great-grandfather Jorge, who was a charmer who loved his soulmate, Galaxy. He was a master painter, but he hated it, so I decided charisma would represent him instead.

After a long night partying, Mira returns home, and we find Eris out on the patio, in her swimsuit, with a drink again, in the middle of the night. Don't you ever sleep, Eris?

"Sleep is for the weak. Like Geoffrey."

Mira has picked up painting to honor her grandmother, Andromeda. Andromeda had quite a few strong skills, but painting was also one of her completed aspirations, so I decided on this one.

Eris: "Sweetie, I let you skip school so we could go out and do a few things together. You said it was important. Did we really come all the way out here to talk to a tree?"
Mira: "I'm just killing time and skilling at once."
Eris: "Killing time until what?"

Until Jasmine Holiday shows up, of course! Mira got her growfruit starter and the three fertilizer packs, and Eris got a growfruit as well to make collecting 20 easier. However, that is not the only reason Eris is out of the house.

Eris is at the point where she needs to break three sinks for her aspiration and then do some voodoo, and she'll be done. Since they were already in the community garden right behind it, Eris starts her dirty work at the BFF household.

Liberty: "WTF is wrong with you?"
Eris: "Wouldn't you like to know?"
Liberty: "Yes! That is why I asked. Why would you break my sink after I let you, a complete stranger, into my house?"
Eris: "Wouldn't you like to know?"
Liberty: "Ugh! Get out."

And so Eris is kicked out of the house for being inappropriate. Seems fair.

The next house the Hart ladies stop at is Umbrage Manor, which is where Sirius has landed. While Sirius and Mira catch up, Eris takes the opportunity to sneak inside.

"Hey, my son found a pretty nice house. Let's see what I can do about that."

"Yeah, much better."

Sirius was so absorbed with catching up with his younger sister that he didn't even notice Eris's prank, so she didn't get kicked out this time.

Nancy Landgraab: "Um, where is that woman going and who is she?"
Mira: "Oh, that's my mom. You said we could come in so . . . um . . . she's going to do something in your bathroom."
Nancy: "Well, that's vague."
Mira: "Yeah, it's better that way. I hate being an accomplice."
Nancy: "She looks so familiar. Just like this woman my husband described as beating him up."
Mira: *nervous laughter* "Really? Isn't that strange?"
Nancy: "What did you say her name was again?"
Mira: "I didn't."

Just then, Brandy happened to be walking by and was a perfect excuse to get Mira out of that awkward conversation.

Eris: "Thanks for letting me use your sink, if you know what I mean. Is your husband around?"
Nancy: "No, it's just me at home right now."
Eris: "Oh. That'll do."
Mira: "Please, Mom, no. Not here, not in front of Brandy."
Eris: "What? I'm not doing anything."

Mira: "Brandy, really nice seeing you, but maybe you should go now."
Eris: "Now how does this thing work again?"
Nancy: *completely oblivious*

"Mwa ha ha! I don't really know if this does anything, but I tickled it a few times and I think that might have done something to Nancy, the wife of my enemy. This is suitable for my purposes."

And just like that, with no obvious effects of the voodoo, Eris became Chief of Mischief. Her next aspiration is Nerd Brain because she already has quite a bit of handiness, and all the house upgrades and the rocket reset when the house was moved from one computer to another. I would like her to rectify these wrongs.

Mira: "Mom, seriously uncool."
Eris: "Sweetie, I'm just being me. You do love me, don't you?"
Mira: "Of course. Just . . . can you go back to just sending Geoffrey daily chain mail instead of voodooing his wife? Like, only cross the line a little?"
Eris: "For now . . ."

"Mwa ha ha ha! Geoffrey will pay some day!"

A little less threatening coming from a woman reading books in the nursery, but hey, whatever floats your boat, Eris.

Mira got invited out by another legacy love (a guy named Ed), who promptly ditched her as soon as they arrived at the party at The Narwhal Arms, so she socialized with Erika instead.

Mira: "Guys in this save seriously suck."
Erika: "Tell me about it."

Mira gets invited to more parties and events than any sim I've ever had, but that might be partially because she's pretty friendly and talks to pretty much everyone when she's out. She's got a spectacular roster of acquaintances.

And we end with the ambitious Denzel, sporting grey hair again, coming home happy but exhausted with a promotion. He needs to reach level 8 in culinary for his aspiration, but it didn't specify which branch, so I had him go into mixology since he seems to like the bar so much.

That's all from me this time! Knowing my writing/picture-taking style, we'll have plenty more opportunities to catch up with this family. Check back next time to see Mira continue her quest for knowledge, the life of the spares, and other goings-on in the Hart family. Thanks for reading, and please stop by SiMania for more great legacies and conversation! :)





















































No comments:

Post a Comment