Saturday, July 14, 2018

I Hart Space! - Chapter 6: Dark Nebula, Spares Interlude

 Hello again! It's that time of my generations when we check in on the spares. We're going to do this pretty quickly because I was apparently pretty impatient when I played them. Follow me below the break . . .

So we've seen Hadley grow up, get married, and have two lovely girls. We know that Bradley became a vampire and Hadley kicked his butt in sparring. But what else has been happening with Rook and Bradley? Let's check in on them and find out.

They moved in together in Willow Creek, and the welcome wagon had this redhead with atrocious makeup in it. She and Rook kind of hit it off while Bradley had an argument with himself over a book.

To my surprise, Kyra here is an alien! These boys are one-eighth alien but can still do the alien handshake, so that's a pretty cool way to get to know each other.

Seems like as good a reason as any to pair up a spare, so Rook moves in for a successful first kiss.

Soon Kyra moves in and they are celebrating their new relationship in the bedroom. Unfortunately, Kyra is glitched and I can't change her out of her disguise. I'm not super happy with the makeover I gave her, so I will change it in a few more slides.

The celebration leads, as it so often does, to a declaration of pregnancy. Rook and Kyra are expecting! Time to get a move on with the rest of their couples' milestones.

Unfortunately, Kyra feels it is a little too soon to get engaged, even after a few days of being together. She turns Rook down, and I hate seeing this sweetheart of a sim embarrassed.

Hadley stopped by and her twin asked her for some training while Kyra whiles away her pregnancy playing Blicblock.

Hadley also got some time in with her big bro.

Bradley's just been chilling around the house because I wasn't sure who to put him with, but then I realized that Elisa from Hadley's Vamp Buds club would be perfect for him.

He shows off the trick he learned from Hadley, and Elisa, who is a higher level vampire than him, at least humors him for a while.

This calls for some romance! Elisa also moves in relatively soon after this.

Elisa is really, really beautiful but I didn't feel the yellow turban in her normal look or the purple dreads in her dark form really suited her. She obviously has a flair for the dramatic though, so I tried to reflect her vampire pride in her look. Why does this card have no traits or aspiration? Because I didn't write them down for a single one of the spares' family members, and I'm too lazy to go in game right now to figure them out. They're spares and associated family members anyway, so it doesn't matter too much.

Here's Elisa's new dark form. She already had a lot of the skin details, so we went full-on creepy for her.

Kyra's disguise also got a new makeover but I was never quite happy with it, though I did leave this one alone. She has kind of a weird face and I tried to give her a similar look to her original flamboyant eyeshadow, but I don't think it's working, especially contrasted with her hair color. Oh well.

Bradley and Elisa are dating officially now, and Bradley suggests they go enjoy each other's company upstairs while some passing dog checks out Elisa's butt. She really is that striking.

Obligatory "new couple having woohoo" shot.

With her baby due any moment now, Kyra surprises Rook with an apology and a ring. She's ready to tie the knot now.

And look how happy it makes him! That's such a sentimental face. I love Rook.

Not wanting to waste a moment, Rook and Kyra elope right there in the dining room. Congrats, you crazy kids!

Elsewhere in the house, Elisa has just discovered that she's pregnant.

She breaks the news to Bradley who is surprised but excited. How cute are they in their matching jammies?

While Rook and Kyra are celebrating their marriage, Elisa makes things awkward because this bedroom has the only computer in the house, and everyone wants to be on it all the time.

Literally. Bradley is lining up outside to perform the same faux pas.

In fact, this motley crew of new couples is all gathered around waiting for computer time the next morning when Kyra goes into labor.

Under Rook's watchful eye, she gives birth to a baby boy named Zond. Zond was the name of two different series of Soviet programs of unmanned spacecrafts. The first series gathered planetary information and the second series were essentially test flights working up towards manned missions. Zond 5 contained the first Earth lifeforms to orbit around the moon and return to Earth.

I'm so jealous of Elisa. In the second trimester and she is still fabulous and rocking that crop top.

Bradley wisely recognizes her fabulousness and locks her down before she realizes she's too good for him.

Aww, but she seems to like him. I guess they'll work out okay after all. They get married in the living room that very day.

#couplegoals

A day or so later, Elisa brings a little girl named Rosetta into the world. Rosetta was a space probe used by the European Space Agency. It flew by Mars and orbited a comet, which it studied, as well as releasing a lander to the comet. It is named after the Rosetta Stone.

It's time to get a move on already so I grew Rosetta up right away.

And Zond for good measure.

Here's Zond. He's inquisitive - I remember the toddler traits at least. He's a real cutie.

This is Zond temporarily aged-up in CAS. I put him in Rook's hair and eyebrows to show that he is nearly a clone of Rook, just slightly pudgier. I think it's so cool that he takes after his dad so much.

Rosetta is adorable too! There's something really unique about her face. Rosetta is independent.

EDIT: I almost forgot to add this but happened to glance at my annotated family tree that I keep right before I shut down my computer. So, important info: Rosetta has inherited vampirism from both her parents! Cool!

And here's the boys with their kiddos. I'll grow them up to children when the main house has children too so they can all play together. For the mean time, though, this is where I left them for a while. However, bothered by never seeing Kyra's true form and wondering if that's why we didn't get an alien-skinned-baby, I did some research a couple months later.

Finally I found a solution and gained access to Kyra's alien form. Here she is with her makeover. I like her a lot better as an alien. I went ahead and had her and Rook have a fast-tracked second child to see if we would get a blue baby.

And we did! Welcome to little Gaia. Gaia is also property of the European Space Agency, but it is a space observatory, which is a pretty cool phrase in my opinion. Gaia was launched in 2013 and is tasked with cataloguing 3D images of many stars and exoplanets in the Milky Way. It is still operational.

Here is Gaia as a busy little bee toddler. She definitely also takes after Rook quite a bit, minus the skin color. She's playful. We'll see all three of these kiddos more in the future once Hadley's kids are up and about, so keep an eye out for that.

With that, we've reached the end of my very rushed and sparse Spares Interlude. Sorry that it wasn't up to my normal standards, but I just want to get caught up with my backlog and I wasn't feeling particularly inspired tonight, nor did I have great pics to work with. Next time we'll see Hadley's family some more, including Cassini, Suisei, and the mysterious third baby who has yet to be conceived as of last chapter. Check back for more and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment